|Fifteen per cent seats shall be allowed to be filled on supernumerary basis over and above the approved intake from amongst Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/ Foreign students in programmes of the University and some selected affiliated institutions.
These seats are provided by the MHRD under the PIHEAD (Promotion of Indian Higher Education Abroad) progamme. Under no circumstances, a seat remaining unfilled shall be allocated to any one other than a Foreign Student/PIO/Foreign National.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO): Persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or who or either of his parents or any of his grand parents were a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec 2(b) of Citizenship Act, 1955 (Act No. 57 of 1955).
- Foreign Nationals: Citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian Origin as defined under PIO
- Foreign Student: Foreign student in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses a foreign passport.
Maximum age as on 1st August
Office of the International Affairs of University is a Nodal point for admission to the International Students. All those students intending to seek admission under the category of Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/Foreign Students shall apply directly to the Office of the International Affairs of the University for the Courses offered in the University Schools of Studies and some affiliated colleges/institutions.
- For all Undergraduate Programmes where entry qualification is 12th class – 21 Years
- For all other Post Graduate Programmes where entry qualification is graduation – 35 Years
For further details, kindly see, University's Website
www.ipu.ac.in or send E-mail to email@example.com. The Admission shall, however, stand confirmed only after the approval by the Registrar through Academic Branch of the University. All the interested candidates must approach the Director, Office of the International Affairs immediately for admissions under above category as the session for all the programmes shall commence from 1st week of August.
Fee Structure for Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/Foreign Students
Fee for the session 2009-10
The prescribed fee of foreign students will be collected in US Dollar onlyirrespective of exchange rate at the time of counselling / admission.
The above-mentioned fees are currently charged. However, these are subject to revision by the Competent Authority. There may be another one time or annual fee charged for misc. purposes viz. medical, processing fee etc. etc.
Medical Insurance: International students must have adequate medical insurance during their entire stay in India on their own initiative.